By: Kyra Barker
Today, there are multiple social media platforms out there. Traditional media is still so powerful for businesses. Brand awareness is the key to success. Billboards, Trade Shows, customised T-shirts, and even Custom Water these days all prove to be successful. Social media will work well alongside your branding to get your business out there for the whole world to see. Though many on the surface seem like the same thing, each and every one is unique in its own way. All of these platforms can provide great value to a business but it can be confusing for businesses to remember which platform is best for what content. This little guide will help explain the popular social media platforms and what this platform is best used for. Social media has become a major part of business marketing, it allows businesses to promote themselves to a much wider audience. Whilst this is great, it’s also important to focus on your local customers too. There are multiple ways to build awareness in your local area. One of the best ways to do this is by producing a business catalog to try and encourage customers to use your services or purchase your products. A catalog can help customers become more familiar with the business, helping the company to build awareness. To get some of these catalogs printed, it might be worth visiting Printivity (click now to see their services). This should help build awareness, hopefully, encouraging more people to use your business. This is a great way to build an audience. From there, social media marketing can develop this audience even further by adding more awareness and potential leads. Due to how useful social media marketing is, it’s vital that businesses fully understand it.
Facebook has been described in this class as the big whale of social media. This makes sense because it has over 1.4 billion active users daily, that’s a whale of a lot of users (sorry I had to). So Facebook has a lot of users, but what is Facebook good for?
- Companies who are targeting people in between the age range of 25-34
- Humanizing the brand- through Facebook, companies are to build relationships and show their human side of the brand
- Targeted posts– Facebook’s sponsored posts help to target specific audiences that your brand wants to reach
- Reaching a lot of people- Facebook has many active users so posting content here will likely have more reach if you post smart content- but this also means way more competition
Instagram is another popular social media platform used by many people. Instagram has reported that there is over 100 million daily active users. This app, designed for sharing photos and videos to connect you with your followers, has become a big part of building brand awareness for companies. The downfall to Instagram is its tricky algorithm. One needs to build a strong strategic plan to have successful reach with Instagram. So how can businesses use Instagram?
- Instagram is a great way to build brand awareness-sharing high quality pictures of your product or your company is a great way to build brand awareness through Instagram
- Finding Influencers- Instagram has tons of influencers that can be a really good tool to help build awareness around your brand
- Targeted posts- Instagram allows you to sponsor targeted posts, like Facebook but not as specific, to help reach a desired audience
Twitter is used as a conversational social platform designed for short, straight to the point conversations. Twitter is a great way for brands to engage with their audience and educate them on news surrounding their business. What else is Twitter great for?
- Customer service- Twitter is a great place for brands to build excellent customer service. Consumers can use this platform to express comments/concerns and the brand can react instantly to help solve the problem
- Engage in conversation- Twitter is all about conversations, brands have the ability to hop into conversations (surrounding their company of course) and show their engagement with their audience
- Educate your audience- Twitter is a great tool to update your audience on what is happening in the company
- Building your brand voice- Twitter is also useful in building a brand voice. Twitter is another social platform that is useful in showing the human side of your brand
There are plenty of more social media platforms out there that are so useful to brands that I didn’t get to touch on. This small cheat sheet helps explain the platforms in detail and why they are useful.
LinkedIn: Kyra Barker