By: Jaira Chaffee
Social Media Audits are essential in determining the success of a social media network or presence. The reason for this is because an audit conducts an examination into the intentions and management of social media. What does it mean to have a successful social media account? Whether you are a business or an individual, an optimized social media presence is one that synchronizes your own personal brand and identity with the way your followers and friends perceive your profile. Social media is a communication tool and as with any tool there are ways to utilize it to achieve the highest effectiveness. Here are some of the processes involved in the Social Media Audit that can gauge and enhance your current social media efforts.
- Locate all of your social media accounts.
– The first step in any examination process is to understand what you’re dealing with. Look up and document all existing social media accounts.
- Complete the descriptions.
– It is important to fill out all the detail sections that go into your profile. In order for others to be able to form opinions about your brand or identity, then you have to give them something to work with. Determine how you want to be interpreted by your social sphere, and then make steps to curate that identity in a consistent and authentic way.
- Pay attention to those who do it well.
-Still not sure about how it should look? Explore profiles of professionals in your wheelhouse and take notes on their approach. Important questions to ask: With what frequency do they post? How do they engage with their audience? What is their reach?
These are just a few of the steps that go into the management process, and so I have included a video that discusses 8 additional steps involved in the Social Media Audit for business/company branding. Although conducting a Social Media Audit may seem daunting, it is actually a very useful process that should be approached with mindfulness and observation.